Wednesday, 31 December 2008

Still Life in textures


Check out this Still Life quilt I made for a friend for Christmas. I love doing this stuff!

The pears are made up of different shades of green and pinkish fabrics and then stitched all over to blend the fabrics together. I added a reflection as if they are sitting on a glass table top. It turned out better than I thought and am very pleased with the results. Now all I want to do is make still life quilts!

Actually this is the type of work created in my new quilt art class so if you're interested, sign up. It starts January 17th. You can register buy clicking the button on the right or check out the Academy of Quilting. Come join me, its so much fun.

Ruth
Website: Arbee Designs
Quilt School: Academy of Quilting
Subscribe to this blog

No comments: