Tuesday, 23 December 2008

Double Sided Place mats



Christmas is right upon us and I know there is always those last minute things that need to be done. I wanted to share with you, one of my last minute creations. I'd invited friends for dinner on Saturday but had no time to replace the old used table mats so set about making some quickly early Saturday afternoon while giving instructions to my son on how to prepare the pork roast dinner as I sewed.

Of course, I don't do anything by half. All that trouble for a few days of Christmas wasn't for me so I made double sided place mats, Christmas on one side and every day use on the other. Now that's the way to go! You can really do anything and use them for various occasions. They are quick and easy. I had them made in no time at all with the exception of running out of binding fabric and needing to purchase more. No hand stitching on these and my binding technique looks great on both side. No doubt I'll put a pattern out soon!


The first photo is the Christmas side, the second is on the reverse side and the last is the four place mats on the table which is about to be set for dinner.

No comments: